10.06.2004

Plain return

Back to the beginning in many ways. Over the course of two years my life has taken drastic twists and turns in the pursuit of something that, now, I know I never really wanted in the first place. It was an ideal that couldn't sustain in reality. The pursuit has caused a personality change into one of doubt at times, a sort of fear of the future, and a gnawing bitterness over things which I cannot control. I had to ask myself what I was doing here in the rat race. Am I really following a path with heart or am I simply pursuing some sort of external recognition? A place in society that would validate me as worthy of respect. A piece of paper that I could hold up as proof that I belong in the machine., that I have some sort of power here. The truth is that I don't believe I will ever fit into the mechanism. I wasn't born for it. A week ago I drank myself into the ground which is something I haven't done for a very long time. Some people consider it a good time but for me it's a sign of bad tidings. Rebelling through self destruction. No good.
After some considerable time spent meditating and reflecting a whole new direction has opened up that seems right now as if it was always supposed to be there. Life has come full circle and I know much more now than I did then.
This is the template I first started my blog with. Welcome.

No comments: