1.29.2005

A Letter From Willie Nelson

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I am fully in support of steps towards decriminalizing/legalizing Marijuana. It's time we ended this war against harmless people and a harmless plant. This is a step in the right direction and deserves great attention.

A Note From Willie Nelson

For over 30 years, I have been a supporter of NORML's efforts to end
marijuana prohibition. As someone who has enjoyed marijuana responsibly
for many years, I appreciate that NORML serves as the voice for marijuana
smokers like myself.

Today I am writing you on behalf of NORML with exciting news from my home
state of Texas. Recently, Rep. Harold Dutton (D - Houston) introduced a
bill in the Texas State Legislature to decriminalize the possession of
marijuana for personal use.

This bill recommends that minor marijuana offenders in Texas face a ticket
and a small fine in lieu of criminal arrest and prosecution. This is a
step in the right direction, but it will only receive serious
consideration if our elected officials hear an unmistakable message of
support from their constituents.

Please take two minutes to write your state legislators and tell them how
important it is that they support marijuana decriminalization. NORML has
created pre-written letters that you can send to your legislators by
visiting:
http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/ale...6847791&type=ST

I have already contacted my state representative and asked for their
support of this bill. Won't you do the same?

As a responsible marijuana smoker myself, I take pride in the fact that
NORML has always spoken for the interests of everyday marijuana smokers.
NORML is working hard in Texas and across the United States to protect
your right to smoke marijuana without fear of arrest or prosecution. Will
you join in me supporting these efforts by donating to NORML today? You
can make a donation, buy a NORML product, or become a NORML member at:
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3454

I appreciate your efforts to help NORML decriminalize marijuana in Texas.
Please be sure to contact your elected officials today, and tell 'em
Willie sent you!

Best Wishes,

Willie Nelson
NORML Advisory Board

No comments: